28 Nov 2009

Postcard from India, dating Sep 7, 2009

Amazingly, the postcard I sent to myself from the Himalayas arrived in Seattle two days ago after all. Where has it been? How many unexpected things have occurred in the past two months? Not to say that many unfulfilled promises...

(I don't plan for my being stuck in between slides titled "research interests" and "research questions" either. No way out. The fact that this struggle is situated in a pretty mac book does not make it a bit more pleasant. So sad.)

I may just bring this postcard with me to the committee, to present this unplanned nature of the lifeworld, to affirm the irrationality of our construction of time and space, and most importantly, to legitimize my losing track and manipulating what do we mean by "plan"...

No comments: